As a communications and digital associate, you will work closely with the digital director in every fact of digital media: copy writing, social media, data, and design. You’ll be trained on the latest best practices and play a crucial role in our communications efforts. You will also conduct background research and work with other departments as needed.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Drafting media advisories, press releases, and briefing materials
- Assisting the digital director with webinars and other programming
- Working with the digital director to implement digital campaigns
- Drafting posts for our social media platforms
- Designing graphics for social media
- Uploading and editing content on our website using WordPress
- Drafting blogs for the Business Forward website
- Maintaining our database using EveryAction (similar to NGPVAN)
We are looking for candidates who think creatively about digital promotion and are excited to develop new skills. Experience with basic HTML and WordPress, EveryAction, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign is preferred. A candidate who is very knowledgeable about social media and has strong writing skills is required. The position is currently remote, but we are based in Washington, D.C. and require employees to be located in the D.C.-Maryland-Virginia area. The job is approximately 10-12 weeks long with the opportunity to stay on. Part-time work would be 10-15 hours per week.
This job can be done for college credit or paid hourly.
How to apply:
Send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com to be considered.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.