As a research associate, you will work to inform and amplify the perspectives of business leaders at the national and local level. You’ll conduct research in a variety of policy areas, including health care, education, clean energy, technology, and the future of work.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Analyzing data and synthesizing news articles to produce polished decks that we can show our network
- Keeping up-to-date on policy developments
- Drafting media advisories, press releases, and briefing materials
- Maintaining our database using Blue State Digital Tools
- Leading and supporting research efforts for various projects
- Creating and updating press lists
- Drafting blogs for the Business Forward website
- Drafting op-eds and other commentaries for publication in national and local outlets
We have two positions available, and we are looking for candidates with strong analytic, research, and writing skills. Experience with the Microsoft Suite (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) is required. An understanding of social media and digital strategy is a plus. The internship is located in our Washington, D.C. office, and is expected to be full or part time for the 2019 fall semester. The internship is approximately 16 weeks long.
This internship can be done for college credit or paid hourly.
Send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com to be considered. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.