As a research associate, you will work to inform and amplify the perspectives of business leaders at the national and local level. You’ll conduct research in a variety of policy areas, including education, clean energy, technology, taxes, and the future of work.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Reading through reports and synthesizing news articles to help our research manager create issue briefs for our network
- Keeping up-to-date on policy developments
- Drafting blogs for the Business Forward website
- Drafting media advisories, press releases, and briefing materials
- Drafting memos
- Maintaining our database using EveryAction (similar to NGP VAN)
We are looking for candidates with strong analytic, research, and writing skills. Experience with the Microsoft Suite (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) is required. An understanding of social media and digital strategy is a plus. The position is remote, but we are based in Washington, D.C. and require employees to be located in the D.C.-Maryland-Virginia area. The job is approximately 10-12 weeks long with the opportunity to stay on. Part-time work would be 10-15 hours per week.
This job can be done for college credit or paid hourly.
How to apply:
Send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.